- Unscrew the base.
- Pour in 16 oz. of nectar.
- Securely screw base back on feeder.
- Hang hummingbird feeder from a branch or garden hook.
Hummingbird Feeder Nectar Recipe:
- One part of white granulated sugar to four parts water. (1/4 cup of sugar to every cup of water). Do not use molasses, honey or artificial sweeteners.
- Boil water, stir in sugar until dissolved. Allow mixture to completely cool before filling your feeder. Store any leftover solution in the refrigerator.
- Do not add red dye to the solution, it may be toxic to the birds.
- Change the feeder's solution every 3 to 4 days to avoid mold or bacteria growth.
View all Hummingbird feeders.