Many search engines will cache pages and do not update their listing as quickly as we do. For current product listings, pricing and specials please refer to CatToys.com and not the search engine listings. And sometimes you, the customer, have an older version of our website cached on your computer.
We update are website on a regular basis and if you have a cached webpage on your computer you are not seeing the website properly. This can also happen if you save items in shopping cart. When you come back to complete the sale the items sometimes have price changes or have been discontinued. There are a few steps you can take to prevent this from happening in the future.
First, you will want to regularly clear out your cookies and temporary internet files off your PC. To do this, simply follow these steps:
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Select Tools.
- Click Internet Options.
- Under Temporary Internet files, click the Delete Files button.
- Make sure Delete all off-line content is checked then click the OK button.
- Also under Temporary Internet files, click the Delete Cookies button.
You will also want to make sure that your browser is set up to find the latest page updates by following these steps:
- In Internet Explorer, go to the top menu bar and select Tools
- Then choose Internet Options
- Internet Options has 7 tabs for settings: General, Security, Privacy, Content, Connections, Programs and Advanced.
- Make sure you are on the tab called General (typically this comes up as the default screen)
- General has three areas for settings: Home page, Temporary Internet Files and History.
- Under Temporary Internet Files click the button labeled Settings
- At the top of the settings menu, look at the top of this for Check for newer versions of stored pages
- Select the radio button for the first choice on the list, Every visit to the page
- At the bottom of this screen, click the button labeled Ok
- You will be back on the tab labeled general. At the bottom of this screen, click on Apply
- Close and reopen your browser to be sure changes are in effect.
SHOPPING CART: (0) ITEMS
- From Your BFFs at PurrPacks
- A Message from PurrPacks
- Electronic Gift Certificates
- Redeeming Your Rewards Points
- Can't Remember Your Password?
- New Site, New Features & New Services
- Why can't certain items be shipped outside the USA?
- Wholesale Pricing
- APO/ FPO Military Shipping & Handling Information
- CatToys.com Newsletter
Posted by CatToys.com on 7/20/2011 to FAQ